Lazy Rainy Day

My finger pressed to the window and I traced the path of the raindrop as it fell to the sill. I don't think I know why cloudy days give me a sense of sleepiness. I like to believe it's because the clouds give the world a darkness that makes a bed a worthy home. But I think it's something different. It's the way the entire landscape closes up when it rains. The flowers don't bloom, the birds don't chirp, the fox and lynx don't wonder- and nor do their prey. The trees stand still, the sun doesn't seem to rise or set- just sit there somewhere in the clouds in a direction you can't quite tell through the haze. The children don't play the house doesn't feel alive and neither do I. It's like the world around me is having a lazy day and telling me that it's okay for me to as well.