Trapper Man and Celtic Child

Love has an odd way of working. And perhaps on such a subject I have a story to tell. Twas not very long ago when I met the moment of fate of fates. As odd as it may seem, but it is in an honest voice true, I was broke, homeless, once again in my gypsy ways, when I proposed I run away. At the time Illinois was my residency. Alaska, merely a hope. But I searched and I found a lonely old man who offered me a place. And so I sold the very last of every bit I owned. Bought a ticket in northward ways and ended my journey shaking a strangers hand. Thirty years my senior and anything but typical for a barely legal child. Neither had the intent for love, but sometimes things happen without any intent at all. So ten months in and a first kiss later, I can tell you love happens unexpectedly. My prince charming was never a frog, but merely a lonesome trapper of a rural Eskimo village. And I a wild-hearted Celtic youth. And yet within our differences we found the common home of one another's hearts. Stereotypical love is boring. Unintended love is the kind that creates the truest fairytale of all.