Looking Back on Me

As I look back into myself through the eyes of google, I am completely amazed at myself at sixteen. In fact, I'm rather disgraced. What, oh what, was the younger me thinking? I was ridiculous on a million levels. Immature and caught somewhere between a child and a woman. I was a child, but looked like a woman. I was a child, but was expected to act like a woman. And it caused an identity crisis bigger than the world itself. I look back at pictures and blogs and just wish I could write a letter to that girl and tell her that she doesn't need to try so hard. It's okay to hold onto your innocence. It's okay to not have a boyfriend and only have one best friend. It's okay to play with dolls instead of drugs. It's okay to be you, just you. Don't change for anyone. Don't question your self worth. You're confused and lost and there's no one there to help you, but someday you're going to grow into a strong stubborn woman with dreams bigger than the sky. I wish I could have told her... I wish someone would have...