Sad in the Air

My heart has been a tender subject. I have not scribbled a word for two weeks. Not sure why. We finally had our lovely dusting of thick fluffy snow (the kind in which I adore so much that I instantly play out in it). Coho and Rascal are as playful and loving as ever. My darling and I have finally found this sort of contentment that was missing through the summer. I've settled in for the winter- and yet, there's this uneasy sort of emotion running in my viens. I'm saddened. The village has been stricken with three deaths in two weeks. An unfortunate energy has overtaken us all. Fall is still clinging to much of the landscape- as the thick snow is running late this year. There's just something sad in the air. I can't explain it. But my facial expression and lack of written creativity shows it all.