Waiting For Melting Snow


The weather has stayed stagnant. I'm stuck in a revolving circle of half snow, half brown ground, and cloudy skies giving me just enough light to tell the difference. Although the sun is staying longer, the days are getting no warmer. I haven't written because I have had no inspiration to write. In fact, the days have been quite empty. I've been drawing, reading, writing fairytales, and playing with my dear little sleddog. But aside from the normalities of my every day life, absolutely nothing of interest has occurred. I am merely writing so that I don't forget to write. Keeping touch with my diary so that I don't forget it's there. I'm not wishing for something amazing to happen. I'm quite content with ordinary. And for now I truly appreciate the simplicity of having nothing to do but wait for the snow to melt.