The Demon Rope

I am in tears as I write this entry. Riley broke free today. The first place she ran was my front door. She's so starved. Her owners tied the rope around her neck so tightly she wouldn't be able to howl at night. And because of this she cannot eat. I tried so hard to get it off. But she kept crying out, it hurts her every time I touch it. And my heart is so broken right now. I haven't cried in so long, but there's nothing I can do and it hurts me. I'm trying to feed her, but she's so afraid. She's bruised and beaten. She curls up to me, but when I get up she fears something bad is going to happen and runs off. She eats a little, then chokes and tries very hard to hold the food down. Tears are streaming down my face. She hasn't been fed, or petted, or anything. And she's so hurt... she can't do anything right now. And my heart is so broken. So so broken. I can't watch my sleddog be treated like this, but there's nothing I can do. No one cares but me. And I'm so powerless. When she cries I cry too. And that damn rope hurts her so bad. It's tied so tight blood is staining the fur on her neck. And yet when I try to get it off, nothing works. And I am so scared, so desperate. My some act of fate I wish that rope would just break free. I can't watch her like this. How could anyone treat a dog like this? How could they think that's okay? She's so thin... so sad. And my entire world is crashing down.