Off With The Rope

As my darling arrived home he found me in tears. I felt so desperate, so heartbroken. And without one question, he put on his coat and told me to calm Riley as he cut the rope off. She's such a sweet dog. She never bites and listens to directions really well. She's scared of men- for good reason. But she snuggled up to me and let my darling get close enough to saw through the rope with a knife. She didn't yelp, she didn't even whimper. She kept completely still. And within a minute you saw the relief enter her eyes. She took a huge breath and layed down on the ground. And then she turned into the happy sled dog I had known her has. She began to eat and jump and play and smile. I'm terrified if she goes home she'll be put in the same situation. But I bought her a collar and put it on her, hoping that they will choose to use it instead of a brutally tight tough peice of string. Nevertheless, my heart is at ease. She's happily prancing in my backyard right now. And her mum (me) is so grateful... so so grateful that fate stepped in in time for me to spare her a surely brutally slow suffocating death.