Faith In Mankind

I have faith in mankind. I don't think that bad people, corruption, greed, or anger rule this world. In fact, I can tell you that I honestly believe that love rules above all else. That there are many more good hearts than bad-doers. One million wonderful small souls stand miles above one historically terrible soul. Even the worst person in the world is worthless when compared against the billions of beautiful people that we call neighbors, friends, family, acquaintances, and strangers. I pity the people who feel the need to carry a gun everywhere they go. I pity the people who worry so deeply about their child's safety or their home's safety or their own safety. I pity the people who assume that in every public place there lies a person who could kill them. For the people who do such things, and think such ways, have missed out on one of the most beautiful aspects of being a human. And that is our ability to trust, to be kind, to see the good in each soul, and to love endlessly and fearlessly. And I truly feel sorry for the people who have lost that child-like trait, for it really does make life a wonderful thing to be a part of.