To Not Be Adored In Return

The worst feeling in the world, to me, is when I like someone who doesn't like me back. In fact, I find it to be the worst common emotion anyone must face. Of course the loss of a loved one or the facing of a tragedy, trumpts heartbreak anyday. But, in the daily twists and turns of things- heartbreak is certainly one emotion I always wish to avoid. I'm finding myself in such a pit right at this moment. It's always a muddy pit, full of dirt and darkness. And it's terribly hard to escape from. He's so handsome, always kind, and my over-analyzing heart persuaded me that his friendly 'hello's' in fact meant 'I adore you'. I was wrong. And learned that quite clearly today when I saw him walking with another girl, a different girl, and one far from what I am. It was, in light terms, a heart-stopper. And I couldn't help but feel absolutely dreadful the remainer of the day. All this time I assumed he adored me oh, so, dearly. And no I've learned it's a one-sided emotion.