Yet Another Late Return

I have not written in quite some time. I often sit down to rebegin my documentation of my beautifully blessed Alaskan life, and somehow- life evades my inspiration and off I go in another adventure haven't not even documented my last. So I am back, today, to write a catch-up, and hopefully start writing again regularly.

The last few months have been busy, but beautiful. We had the warmest winter on record in Alaska. There was rarely even snow! We had such minimal amounts that the road to my rural cabin stayed open all winter long- and travel to and from the village was quite convenient. Next year probably won't be so easy. But the first year in my new home was surprisingly welcoming. We didn't need to burn the woodstove too often, or pull out sleds to travel. In fact most of the places I went this winter were by foot- which is a rarity in Alaska.

In midwinter I fostered three beautiful Native Yup'ik Eskimo children- as I had mentioned in my last post. They will forever have my heart. Blanche, Booper, and Cynthia. They blessed my home with laughter, loudness- and most of all, love. They come to visit regularly now. They are back that their mothers, which is a blessing. I do miss them dearly, though. Having children (even if it was for a mere couple months) made my life more fulfilled than it has been in quite some time.

My two new feline members did come. Magpie and Minnie Mag. But along with them, purely by fate, arrived Toby (a siamese boy) and Ozzy (short for ocelot, which he looks a lot like). And shortly after them came Apollyon, Mangey, and Shiva three ferrets from the Forget-Me-Not Ferret Rescue in Alaska.

It is now summer. I have tilled and planted a garden in my front yard. It overlooks the Yukon River. I am in the process of building a large fenced run for the pups (who are hyper and loving as usual). Life is treating me beautifully, and I promise to write about it from now on.