How I've Grown

How have I changed since I originally began writing this diary? I don't know if I've changed much at all- perhaps I've simply merely grown. I've grown into comfort with my surroundings. The changing seasons of Alaska don't leave me as confused as they used to. I'm accustomed to them now. I know the sun's patterns, the ways of the snowfall, the changing of the scenery from month to month. I can judge the weather with accuracy. And I know the impacts the changing winds will have on the waters. I can identify a majority of the plants and animal tracks. I can do many things now that I lacked the ability to do before. I am not so naïve, perhaps. I've been awakened to misfortunes and the realities of adulthood. But a part of me still (and I hope forever always) hangs onto its innocence. I still find admiration in everything beyond my window. I still hopelessly love and hang onto every kind soul I meet (whether it be a tree, a stray cat, or a fellow human). And I still find inspiration in so so many places. I haven't changed for the worse- I've merely grown for the better.