Thoughts Of Adoption

Two years ago, when I first started the process to become a qualified foster parent through the state of Alaska- a child was pointed out to me (not on purpose, more as a passerby) from Washington. I have thought about that child and checked their availability for two years straight. They connected to me. I just cared about them since the instant I first saw them- I couldn't explain why. I've spent many nights praying they'd find a family. Two years of trial placements and heartache have gone by. And my praying has yet to bring an answer. I'm beginning to wonder, if I myself am the answer. Every logical explanation says 'no'. According to my age- I'm really only 'available' to adopt younger children- no one over 8 would be deemed appropriate. And although I always knew I wanted to adopt older children, I never intended to at 22. But, aside from all the reasons my mind has told me 'no', my heart keeps pleading 'try'. So I think this girl is going to start the process to get a WA-quality home study. Not sure if this is the way fate wanted me to go. But I guess I'll let the social workers and adoption agencies decide that.