Mangey, The Eldest

Mangey is my eldest ferret. I don't know her age, but I know she's quite old. When she first came into my family, she was completely bald on her rear end. The ferret rescue and told me this was due to cancer, and a surgery had been done to reverse the hair loss. It's been two months now and her hair is regrowing. She is mostly gray now, with a few brown streaks of her youth trying to still grow. Her back feet curl in which keep her from walking correctly. My heart thinks this is the outcome of being raised in a wire cage. The poor thing can barely balance. But she is oh so loving, sweet, and kind. She sleeps much of the time but enjoys and occasional exploratory trot throughout the house. She loves food- especially eggs and chicken. And she's quite keen on snuggling- as am I, which makes us quite a nice duo. I know she may not have much more than a year left in her, but I am so dearly happy she gets to spend the rest of her life with me. As fragile as she is, she's so sweet and full of life. Her old soul brings so much happiness to my young one.