My Old Lady Cat

Magpie is my 'old lady cat'. She's aged in the most graceful of forms. Beautiful in her elder beauty. But there is no doubting the fact that the years have taken their toll. I was blessed to adopt her recently. She was an old lady when she came into my family. And I'm sad to say I'll never know what her youthful spirit was like. But in her old age she is beautiful in so many ways. She sleeps a majority of the time. She loves basking in the sun, and especially enjoys using laps as her bed. She will curl into any gentle soul who sits near her and make her self comfortable upon their legs. She enjoys looking at all of the plants that bless my windowsills, and occasionally nibbles on the edible leaves. She sleeps on my pillow each and every night. And spends much time grooming my bedtime braids. She's sweet and gentle. A bit grouchy at times- but after such a long life she's learned exactly how to get what she wants. She's my dear little old lady, and I feel so blessed to have her in my life- even if I didn't get to have her for the entirety of her life.