An Unused Library

Just found out my village has an old library FULL of books- but it's been boarded up and locked away for the last 10+ years because "No children wanted to read". My heart both fluttered and broke when I walked in. There were so many books covered in dust. I just wanted to take them and love them all. And yet I'm so so sad- how can all of these books be sitting here unread for so long? Surely there... are children who want to read them somewhere amidst this village. I want so terribly to be the librarian, but neither the Tribe nor City wants to pay electricity in order to 'legally open' the building. How can no one else see the importance of free access to literary art in the village? I feel like I'm the only one here who sees what an amazing opportunity this could be for the youth.