One Dip, Four Fish

I don't ever expect to catch fish while fishing. I think the other fisherman do. It's an attitude they leave the dock with. I'm just along for the ride. Not really expecting anything grand. But today I was pleasantly surprised. My catches were low compared to everyone else. I was beginning to doubt any excitement coming from my net- as theirs continued to pull in fish after fish. But suddenly I felt quite a jolt, an unexpected quickly-splashing jolt. My first assumption was that I had caught an infamous King salmon- which are very strong and very big. But when I pulled in my net I saw not one fish, but two- wait three, no four. Four fish in one dip of a net. It's unheard of in these parts. With a river nearly a mile wide- and my net being only 2 feet wide the chances of catching more than 3 fish in one dip is almost impossible. And yet there I was, struggling to pull in four wild salmon. It was the dear motivation I needed. When I was beginning to doubt my ability to catch, the river handed me four fish as reassurance.