Visitng Foster Children

The longest day of the year and I was blessed enough to spend a majority of it outside. I washed clothes in a toboggan-style sled for a few hours, then hung them up to dry in the hot hot sun. I took the dogs down to the river to splash about for a few minutes. I let the cats accompany me on a small walk into my backyard alder trees. And then my foster children (now back home with their family) came by to visit and we spent the rest of the evening splashing in the river. It was a lovely time. I miss them dearly and it's so nice to have them still a part of my life. They often recall the fun times they experienced at my house. And they still have the yearning to come 'home' and it breaks my heart. But I know that our fun times will always be memories to them. And their birth mother, although needing a bit of direction, does have a good heart.