High On Stream Waters

Coho and I spend many hours together now that she is mine. Today we ventured into the thick timber of willow and alder in my backyard. There's this beautiful creek filled with small waterfalls leading into the deeper part of the trees. Coho walks in the water while I trail the muddy sides in my white boots. Her paws, also white, find cleanliness- while my white boots seem to only find dirt. But I've always enjoyed staying un-clean, and the fresh air enlightens my body in a way no bathtub could. It was such a lovely walk. We spent a half hour or so exploring through broken brush and new-leafed trees. The sound of the water could clear a mind more than any therapist's prescriptions. I've felt sad numerous times in my life, but the solumn sweet greeting of a slow-flowing stream has always been the friend that lifted me back up. I wasn't sad today, but just the act of being in the company of the water escalated my mood to a truly natural high.