Gathering Driftwood

My hunny and I ventured out to get wood. Now that the river has unthawed we can leave land and swim with a boat into the fast waters. Most years the wood will drift down stream. This year, unfortunately, it did not. So we had to scavenger the banks pushing logs into the water and tieing them onto the back of our boat as a raft. These logs will be our winters warmth. A necessity that so unforgivingly finds it's way into our front yard each year. This is the first year my darling took me. I like to jump along the logs, chase them into the water as fast as I can. I balance my tip-toed boots and make my way out on them until I feel a lack of confidence that brings me back to the safety of land. I like wood. I like trees, and I like the idea of taking one that passed away and using it to keep me alive during the chilling cold of our nine months of snow.