Finding Love Again

We were laying in a tent. His 5 o'clock shadow was unshaven and rugid. My hair was uncombed and a tangled blond mess. The wind was picking up, the clouds were settling in, and our pile of blankets was growing cold. And yet I looked at him and was completely in love. Something I have missed for so long. He was beside me, but within me all at once. His soul just reached out and pulled me in and I couldn't help but to climb on top of him, wrap my body into his, and never want to let go. He wrapped his arms around me, grasped my tangled hair but didn't bother to attempt to run his fingers through it. Rather he just tangled it more and I had no problem with that. I fell in love with him all over again. The butterflies overwhelmed by soul like a long lost friend and I realized at that moment- as the clearwater stream outside trickled it's sounds through the tent- that I was still in love with him... and I didn't want that to ever change again.