The Aches Of Strength

Ugh, the work of dismembering an animal as large as a bull moose was something I never expected. It's so large, so heavy, so hard to maneauver. And yet, as always, my challenge to hold up to a men's standards have left my woman's body sore and exhausted. The young bull fell on the side of a hill. The rainy season has taken it's toll on the landscape and as I lifted and leaved legs, ribs, a butt bone and a neck down the trail my body often ended on the ground. My arms ached. My neck ached. My back broke and my soul was determined to prove to the men that I was not in pain. I was strong, well-able, and determined. But I was not all at the same time. And after a night in a tent and a day collecting my winter's meat all I can think is how nice a woodstove and wool blanket feels.