Fleeting Daylight

Autumn has officially come and gone. My favorite season of the year disappears so quickly into winter. The first snowfall fell. It didn't stick but the white dots made a scene on the horizon. I love winter, I really do. It could perhaps also be my favorite season. But I'm so sad to see the yellow leaves already fallen onto the riverbanks. The frogs hiding away for hibernation. The waterfowl have all traveled south- leaving only the northern dwellers to pass by. The berries are gone, the tundra has turned from green to a vibrant red, and the northern Siberian winds have begun twisting the empty alder branches. It's now passed the season of sweaters and the weather for fur is growing on me. I have much sewing to do, hay to gather, and firewood to cut. Winter is coming faster than I can imagine, and my procrastinating habits are growing more evident with the fleeting daylight hours.