A Memory Letter From My Mother

Today, April 5th, I turned 21 years old. And my mother wrote me a letter:

21 years ago, on April 5th, at 5:15 AM you were born, A baby girl that was calm and took the best baby picture to send out to the relatives. For a full year you weren't sick once. You had a hard time going to sleep, so I would lay with you all swaddled up in my arm in bed. I think Dad was afraid I'd suffocate you. He'd come home from working at UPS (that would be 3:00 AM) and find you in bed with me. We had a bassinet right by the bed so I'd put you in there then. When we moved you to the crib you would sometimes cry out, but only for a second. Then, in a little while, you'd do a giggle. This was all while you were sleeping. Once I got use to this it was fun to listen to you. When you were able to sit yourself up I had a little mirror with a noise thing on it and you would talk to yourself in the mirror. So funny!!!
Just wanted to give you a few memories of you just in the first year of your life on your 21st birthday! You are such a strong, independant woman! We are so proud of you! Have a great 21st birthday!
We love you!
Mom & Dad