The 1961 Medal

Of course, my gypsy soul collects a bit too many trinkets. But today I came across a wonder. A "Dixie Prep Relays" high school gold medal for 120 High Hurdles. Dated: 1961. For me being born in 1992, thirty one years prior is literally a lifetime. So my mind wondered and I drifted through old news articles looking for any sort of hint as to where in the world this small trinket came from. Tuscaloosa News covered a story in 1957 regarding the Dixie Prep Relays. And so that lead me to search for a modern day Tuscaloosa News. At some point in time they were bought over by the New York Times, and since then have been passed on to yet another major company. Today I contacted the current Tuscaloosa News with one question. "Do you happen to be the same Tuscaloosa News that was published in the 1950s". And if they are, then the story of the 1961 Dixie Prep Relays Gold Medal begins. For I'm in search of it's original owner. And my gypsy soul will lead me wherever it's story does.