Adults Wasting Time

I like to waste my time thinking of philisophical ideals. It seems ridiculously unimportant. There's no way to change the world by merely being consumed in your own mind. But aren't our minds truly magnificant things? They can take us beyond anywhere we've ever known. Imagination in and of itself is one of the most remarkable things I have ever known. Mine is beautiful. I adore my land of pretend. Too many adults lose that sense of creativity. It's all but gone into math and science. And I think it's quite a shame. Because within that certain part of our mind lies the ability to love and believe. Without a certain childish sense within us we lose a very large percent of our compassion and faith. For a child can truly, with all of their heart, love a toy doll. And an adult looks at that doll and merely sees a painted face lacking any true meaning at all. I find that sad. I love dolls. I love trains and miniature farms and teddy bears. And I will never really be able to understand why other 'grown ups' don't. People waste their time hating their boss, when they could be wasting that same time believing that there's still an undiscovered island where dragons exist...