Growing Into Wolves

Rascal and Riley are such beautiful souls. You’ve never met more precious dogs in your life. Riley is big and black. They say he’s half wolf, and he has the playful nip of one. He’s kind of become the big dumb one of the two. He grew into his body too fast to know how to use it; so more often times than not he ends up falling into the snow. Riley is beautiful. She’s the girl that’s calm, collected, and powerful. She would be the head sled dog. She’s strong and independent. And together they’ve become my light every single day. If I dare step a toe outside my front door I’m being trampled by their big paws with kissing bites and squeals of delight. I take rope out into the backyard and run around- letting them chase behind. And then they tackle me. I scratch their tummies or the sensitive skin behind their ears. You wouldn’t imagine how happy it makes me. My isolated being doesn’t communicate with the world too often. And the social contact these tiny wolves give me is enough to prevent the heartbreak that comes from being lonely.