Avoiding The Blizzard

The wind picked up. The clouds came further inward to cover our tundra landscape. We were ravaged by gusts of harsh arctic air. But now that everything is settled- neither warmth nor snow has made its presence known in our area. The cold is too bitter now. I'm tired of being locked in doors. The bright shining sun is decieving- for it warms the landscape none at all. I was so dearly hoping for a blizzard, but it only went east and south of us. I watch as every other part of Alaska warms itself and here I am- still stuck in the ice and Siberian cold. Even my wool blanket can't warm me. And these wood floors are getting too chilled for my barefeet. A layer of snow would bring with it warmer weather. But these harsh temperatures have fought off many storms- they're not ready to give up yet.