Ten Hours of Sunlight

The daylight is growing quite quickly now. We must be to around ten hours of sunshine a day. Which means soon we will have twelve hours a day. Which means my green thumb is beginning to itch. You didn't have the chance to know my story last spring, but it was quite an entertaining one. I think the newfound sunshine makes me go clinically insane with love of green things. I plant everything. Every summer I dot my tundra landscape with plants that probably shouldn't be planted in a national park. Trees that have never existed here before. Flowers that draw in all sorts of hidden away insects. Vegetables, berries, weeds, and herbs. I alter the face of my land with little seeds that have never known such soil before. Weeping willow. Sugar maple. Bleeding hearts. Carrots and stevia. This summer I have doubled my collection of seeds. I always get in over my head. But the act of growing things is just too wonderful to resist.