Paralyzing Nightmares

There's a devil in the walls of my mind. When I was fourteen years old I had a terrible dream that left me fearful of sleep for weeks. I was lieing in my bed, paralyzed. My mind new I was sleeping, but I couldn't wake. Finally I strained to open my eyes, but my body couldn't move. Something was inside of me, overtaking me. And it rose me up from my bed and curled my body into this horrible position and I sat there whispering as loud as I could for my mother. A part of me hoped she would come in; I needed her help. The other part of me dearly hoped she wouldn't. I feared the demon inside of me would kill her with my own body. She never came in. Finally I regained strength of my body and laid down. Then I woke up... or perhaps just won over my concious strength.

Last night another dream happened. Similar. I was paralyzed, but awake. My mind knows I am dreaming, but it won't wake me up. It won't let me open my eyes. I try to, but can't. It won't let me speak or cry out. It takes all of my strength just to murmur. I try to dig my fingers into the sheets. I try to just wake myself up. And last night as I layed in bed paralyzed this thing grabbed my leg and pulled me to the side of the bed. I tried to yell and scream and at least open my eyes to see what it was. But I couldn't. I cried as hard as I could. My darling heard me, but couldn't awake me. He shook me but I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't wake up. I was paralyzed. And that's when I realized it wasn't a dream. I knew I was dreaming, but I was awake. It's the most terrifying feeling in the world, and I don't know how to stop it...