A First Dogsled Ride

It wasn't a 'big deal', but it was a worldly change for me. He simply asked if I wanted to ride in the sled. The one we pull behind the snow machine when we travel to gather wood. This sled, is a dog sled. Made of wood. And riding in it, consists of riding on it- just the way you would a dog sled- for it is a dog sled. Of course I wanted to ride! It was my first time. And I know what you're thinking. 'Dearest Lone Alaskan Gypsy, you have two sleddogs and you have never even stepped foot on a dog sled?" Well no, I hadn't. But now I have. And it felt so so natural, so erfect. My legs and my arms and my entire awkward body just understood what to do. It was right... just right. I don't drive... anything. Driving mechanical vehicles terrifies me. But this, this is what I was met to do. My hands froze closed and my face stung in the wind. My boots slipped while ramping over a snowbank and my ankle cracked in excrutiating pain. But it was perfect. Every second of it. If only I had a house, or even just a landlord that wouldn't mind a pack of domesticated wolves in my yard. Perhaps I could make such an event a habit of my life. Maybe someday, maybe someday...