A Writer, She Is

People often ask me why I write, or perhaps more so why I write so well. I've been writing since I can remember. At a young age my very dearest friend became my notebook and my pencil (never a pen, for I often liked the idea of being able to erase and forget things). I spilled my secrets into diaries rather than friend's minds. I wrote stories and my dreams and memories I wanted to keep clearly into my old age. Writing forced me to see beauty in things, to reevaluate my thought process, and to deal with my emotions in a manner that I could understand. Writing is my therapy, my sanity, my hobby, and my favorite way to spend a sunny afternoon. I don't have an addictive personality. Alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs have never had a profound or even remotely noticable effect on me. But writing does. Writing is my addiction. Perhaps it's bad, perhaps it's good, or perhaps it's nothing at all. But my writing is my life. I couldn't imagine doing anything else.