Rain On My Parade

 I guess the rain is mimicking my mood. I've cried out most of my sorrows. The tears flowed pretty freely into the evening. I didn't wake up this morning feeling entirely better. But that doesn't mean I can't force myself to get over this. This? I haven't really explained it- have I? My darling's daughter and I got in a bit (actually a lot more than a bit) of an argument- leaving her sour to my appearance. She's refused to accept me being around and I am left as the evil 'stepmother'. I am not. Nor would I ever be. And that's what breaks my heart the most. I've been with him three years. I've tried with every bone in my body to be the very best person I could be to his daughter. And in a matter of one tension-filled argument, she can decide I am worth nothing to her or her father. And I'm left with the deepest pit of heartbreak in my stomach.