Solid Food and Sleepy Cuddles

The little vole is officially on solid food! Yesterday evening, as it began to suckle my hand in excitement, I offered it a bit of bread to veer its teeth from my skin. And wah-lah, it ate it! And that started the beginning. It's been very active lately. Very independent. In a matter of a day the little thing has completely come to life. It crawls up and down my arm and legs. It avidly enjoys exploring. And it no longer cries out for my company. But when it begins to go to sleep, and feels a bit chilled, I offer up my hand and it hops right onto it. It snuggles into the curve of my fingers and makes tiny clicking sounds of happiness as it falls asleep. My faith in its fully recovery is at an all time high now. I have no doubt it will become such a lovely adult vole.