The Special Stop

After the terrible day yesterday, today things got a little better. After many hours of weather delay, a plane finally landed in the village. The pilot had heard the story of Luck and made an extra stop to pick her up. It was a special stop, and one that would cost the airline around $200.00. Her flight would usually cost about $600.00. But all of the fees were waived by Era Aviation, and she was taken to Anchorage for free. As I brought her up the plane and handed her to the pilot, I cannot lie that I was saddened to say goodbye. I handed her over, along with a pink blanket, her favorite toy, and a donation for the rescue. It would be the last time I ever saw her playful heartwarming charm. But I am forever grateful that I got to be a part of the miracle of saving her life.