Squeak In The Weeds

As I went outside to play with Coho this evening, I found her at the end of her chain. Her ears were perked up, her head cocked sideways, and her nose pointed right into a hug of tall grass. There was a squeaking coming from the weeds. At first I thought it was a baby bird, but after rummaging around I found a very small baby vole. It's fully furred, but it's eyes are barely open. It was laying on its side, crying out in pain. There were two large bite marks on it's back. Knowing that I couldn't just leave it there, I brought it inside and wrapped it in a warm towel. There it could die in comfort and peace rather than in panic on the cold, hard, wet ground. I expected it to pass in one or two hours. But four hours later, it was still breathing. Whimpering and attempting to move. Two more hours and it had regained strength- it could slowly move around the habitat I had put it in, but it was still very weak. I have given it some water and bits of food and I just hope it makes it to tomorrow morning.