The Surprise Fetch

Today I went out for my habitual morning check on Rascal. Gave him some cold water and rubbed his tummy for a bit. When I got up to leave he did something that really surprised me. He hobbled over and picked up his favorite fetch rope that I had given him about four months ago. Then he hobbled back and demanded that I throw it. I really didn't want him getting excited and hurting his leg worse, bu...t he was very consistent. Finally, I threw it. And out of no where be becomes three-legged-super-dog jumping into the air and catching it without a problem. Pretty sure that was a sign he's going to be perfectly fine. I know he has picked up on the fact I've been fairly upset the last few days. I think this was his way of proving to me that I don't need to worry. He's always been my big strong boy. Even with a gunshot wound that didn't change.