First Calm Blizzard

There's a blizzard stirring outside my window. Well, I suppose it's not quite a blizzard. But the slowflakes are lightly falling with quite the density. I love the sight. There's just something about winter that warms me. Ironic, I know. For obviously the colder months are not nearly the warmth most people yearn for. But to me the white winter covered ground brings a sense of solitude and contentment that only snow can do. It's merely October, a month when most people are just beginning to pull out their knit sweaters and raking their autumn leaves. For further reference, our leaves are still falling here. But the later days of this month are often the time when everything turns white. And the trees that have not yet dropped their brownings, will be hidden in the snow nevertheless. It's a time most would have trouble gaining a fondness of. But the friendly touch of a falling snowflake is something I wait my entire summer to feel.