Taming Voles

All of the sudden he was hollering my name running through our foreway and into the livingroom. Of course, I panicked. My darling is rarely ever hysterical. But, he had good reason tonight. We had seen them quite often. Red back voles. A small gerbil looking thing. Super adorable. And I always wanted one so terribly bad. So of course, being the amazing man he is, he offered to catch me one if the opportunity ever presented itself. In the late evening sunset hours the opportunity arose. He found this small baby vole next to it's dead mother. Immidiately he grabbed it and ran into the house, where he blessed me with my newest pet. The poor little thing was hungry, thirsty, and utterly exhausted. Although my darling asked me not to, I fed the adorable little thing a small chunk of my hubby's homemade cookies (a stash he takes an immense amount of possession over). Immidiately the poor little thing sat down and began to eat. He, or she, I'm really not sure stuffed it's little cheeks and then gobbled down and entire tablespoon of water. After the delicious meal he rested up for a nap. Two hours later I fed him some pizza crust, and more water. And now, once again he is resting curled into some tissue, woodchips, and cardboard. I'm beginning to think I will create the first Alaskan mouse circus. Just a dream, a little over-exaggerated considering I only have one vole. But it shall be a goal nevertheless. Meet the Lone Alaskan Gypsy, creater of the only and best Vole Circus!