Kitchen Trapping

Yesterday evening my darling and I caught a friend vole for Skipper. Unfortunately as we were moving her from the bucket we caught her in, to the cage with Skipper, she became superman. My husband dropped her in, she flew half way across the room, hit the ground, and started running. I have no idea how in the world she accomplished such a feat, but she did. We tore the place apart up and down trying to find her, but she was no where to be found. In every knoock and cranny she was gone. Finally we gave up and I gave my darling permission to capture the critter... dead or alive, for the sake of our kitchen. But today, as he went off to cut some wood and I sat reading on the couch I heard a small scruffling in the kitchen. I looked over and vaguely saw the outline of a small furry little thing making its way along the cupboards. Immidiately I jumped up and grabbed a bucket, running over to capture her alive. But she was gone by the time I got back. So now I have devised a clever little contraption (with the bucket and a few bits of cardboard) to bring her safetly into my home. Now the wait has begun, and I sit here patiently whispering only the clicks of my keyboard into the air. Perhaps she'll get up the nerve to visit again soon. I surely hope so, for I would dearly like to impress my darling with my newfound trapping skills.