An Action, Not Emotion

We tend to make sex a bigger act than it is. Especially ones like me, who are holding onto their virgin innocence until the exact right person and moment arrives. I mean I've been there- I've been amidst the moaning, sweating, breathing deeply- passionate exchange on the bedsheets. But I haven't ever truly been... there. And it's sad to think that after two years with a darling I still refuse to go there until I have some sort of permanent idea of who will be mine forever. I need that justification that if I act to bring a child into the world, then that child will be brought in also with the man whom helped create that child. And yet- sex is just sex. Good people can do it badly, and unattractive people can do it magically. It can happen at good times, at bad times, and at the wrong times. It can be over as quickly as it began or it can last an entire night. It's just an action... but to me I want it to be an emotion. And I know that it's not, but I'm still holding onto that hope that maybe if I find the right person and the right moment it could be.