Midnight Puddles

There is an ever so faded glimpse of sunlight on the horizon, but between the bouts of enormous rainfall- ominous dark clouds- and winds of a hurricane's strength, it's hard to believe that those rays of light will ever make it to my cabin window. We have had such weather for almost one week straight now. I mean, I am fond of the excuse to hide away in my covers for long periods of time- but the dirt roads are calling my name for a walk that I just can't give them. I've been sneaking around in the night hours to feed some starving pups around town- and even in my fifteen minute reign of the village I accumulate more mud and soaked clothes than any poised girl should behold. But, alas, I suppose my inner five-year-old does get the best of me in such times. And those puddles can be oh so irresistable. Besides, who quite cares when the hours are so late that only the dogs awaiting their food are awake? No one sees me, so I shall play in this harsh weather to my heart's content.