Saying Goodbye Pup

Today- my little white girl was sent away to a better home. After a week of interviews, I finally found a wonderful woman who welcomed this little darling with open arms. And so it became time for me to say goodbye. Her time here would be cut short- and the children were antsy to kidnap a full white (prized) dog for their own. So this morning I tucked her away in the side of my parka, zipped her into my body, and took a twenty-five mile trip by fourwheeler to the airport. It was an exhausting ride for both of us. Her sweet little nose peeped in and out of the frigid wind to check the scenery, and she slept curled into my warmth most of the way. When we arrived, a crate was waiting from her future 'mum'. I placed her inside and said goodbye. There were many tears whiped away and I faught the gulp in my throat with all of my strength. She cried a little- and so did I. But in my heart I know she is going to a home without the terror of children or the impatience of a Coho. I'm happy, and sad, but most of all grateful fate fell into a place to bring this love into my home and have her sent away to an even better one...