An Elf's Gift

I took Yule gifts around today. Well, more so Santa did. Few children here have ever seen Santa Claus. Few ever will. So I like to give them a small lesson in what exactly Saint Nick is. He is the lesson of doing good things anonymously. He is the spirit of kindness that needs no recognition. The action of doing something heartfelt with no expectation of a 'thank you'. Imaginary? Fairytale? Contreversial? I think not. A magnificant part of earth folklore? Absolutely. And so I wrapped many gifts today and ventured into the cold to take them to a few families who needed smiling children on Christmas morning. Many of the kids are aware that the gifts are from me. But perhaps someday they will come to understand that an elf was the one to deliver them to my door- so that I may deliver them to theirs.