Escaping Maturity

I'm a virgin. Nowadays a twenty-year-old virgin is like a forty-year-old one. It's cliche and pitiful. But I'm proud of it. I love sex, I'm inspired by it, but I won't participate in it. It's an artistic expression, I think. I'm paranoid in a sense. I guess I feel like if I gave away that innocent part of myself I would lose my fairytale allure. My imagination would escape me and I'd find my writing ability lost admist a maturity that I wasn't ready for. I remain a virgin so that I still have this artistic part of me in tact. Once I give up my childlike aspects I fear I'll lose my ability to transcend to different worlds and explore things in an unwavering curious manner. Too many girls are too quick to yearn for adulthood. But I yearn for the absence of adulthood. My virgin innocence will remain with me until I find another way to carry my childlike heart with me wherever I go.