Helplessness

Lately I've had an ever present sense of doom looming over me. I'm struck with anxiety whenever I sit in the dark. I can't quite explain it. It's this indescribable sadness. Sort of like the way you feel when someone forgets to hug you goodbye or passes you as if you're invisible. Not a depressed emotion, but rather a longing for something better. I'm not longing for better for myself though. I'm longing for the world's betterment. For people to find happiness. For children who are starved to eat. For one's who are broken to heal. For the terrible things to turn into miracles. I want to be able to change the world. To alter it significantly. To cure every bit of hurt anyone has ever experienced. And yet, there I lay in my comfy bed... stricken with anxiety. Not because I'm sad or worried. But rather because I can't do anything for the people who are.