Blackfish Biologist

I think I shall be a blackfish biologist... or marinologist? Simplified: blackfish scientist. Because, these fish my dears, are extrodinary creatures. Gold fish are stereotypical hardy fish. A self-proclaimed children's fish because they can withstand the most extreme of situations as a pet. And I laugh at that- because obviously gold fish have never met a blackfish. Perhaps they are not a bright orange, but they are spotted with beautiful bits of tan and brown. And these fish are talented little ones. Like gold fish, they can breathe air. Except these fish can breathe air in the midst of -20 degrees. They eat fish, larva, anything really. And they're friendly little things. They come right up to my finger in the water and meet it with a gentle little nip. And they're much cuter than gold fish. Much hardier as well. A kid could take it out of water and play with it for a few minutes- set it back in the tank- and let it live another two years. How do I know? Well, I'm that kid of course. An adult child with a near future in blackfish expertise.