Corn and Peanuts

Chipper got a hardy serving of corn and peanuts and sunflower seeds today. He's been absent for a while. But now that I've scattered a large harvest on the ground he's made his appearance once again. He's getting fat- but that's a good thing. In the -20 degree temperatures all of that extra fur and weight will keep him nestled in his own heat. I couldn't imagine a better way to stay warm. At the moment he's jumping up and down from his little squirrel house. He carefully stores the food away in his cheeks and then arranges it in his wooden home. Up and down and up and down all day long. Quite a character he is. Isn't afraid of anything. Even the village dogs know that they wait their turn. I haven't seen a squirrel so confident or so greedy in my entire life. But I suppose corn is a treat too valuable to resist.