Walking Porcupine Quills

I told my darling it just wasn't possible. There is no way that porcupine quills can just up and walk around. But according to an old lady (says my darling) you have to put a lid on the quills when they are in your house or they will walk around. I didn't believe it. I've done nothing to hurt porcupines, why would their spirit want to hurt me? I should have known better. There's a reason to the Eskimo superstitions. And, right when I sat on the couch after carefully gathering and storing away the quills in a container without a lid... I sat my foot right upon one. How did it happen? The only logical answer is that it walked there. That darn little quill hopped out of my container and walked its way right over to the couch even though I had been absolutely careful with each and every one. I will never doubt another superstition again, the Yup'ik spirit has given me a lesson in belief that neither my mind nor foot will ever forget.