Edgar Allen Poe

Edgar Allen Poe. A name most famously associated with things such as poetry and horror stories. And yet, within all of his gothic words lies tales that speaks to few. For the most part, humans are intrigued by his imagination. And yet, within a small percentage of the population lies a group of people who see his reality. Perhaps his illusions are merely creative endeavors met to tell tales that put chills up your spine. Or maybe, his devilish way of thinking is a philosophy so overlooked by most. I feel his pain- his words- his meanings. There's something amidst them that neither comforts nor terrifies me. Instead it's almost as if they give me this unwanted feeling I am not alone in a place of insanity. His confessions tell secrets that I already knew. Doesn't anyone else read his words the same way I do?