Three-Foot Fox

Today my darling and I came across a fox. It's not unusual, when on the rural tundra, to drive right up to an animal on your snow machine. Most of them have never seen a human and are not frightened. But this particular fox sat curled quite skeptically on the side of a snowey drift. We drove up slowly, and were soon to notice he had a broken leg. The poor thing struggled to stand up and then sat back down again to keep his foot from freezing. Pitying him, my darling did something that makes my heart skip a beat. Misconceptions of trappers are many. But I can tell you right now, my trapper is not your animal-hating blood thirsty man. My trapper is the kind who would slowly sneak back into his sled to find half of our year's supply of dryfish to throw on the ground for the starved creature. My darling is the trapper, who without thought, would give anything he has with him to help an animal in need. And I have no doubt the spirit of the fox will bless him for his good deed.